In my highly opinionated and unscientific poll 90% of people that are unhappy with their current job are unhappy because the poor work relationships they have to tolerate at those jobs. The most important and impacting of these relationships? The supervisor/employee relationship. Nothing makes an employee more dissatisfied with their position than being out of sync with their leadership. What can be done about it?Continue Reading...
Did you know?
- 40% of Americans, when asked, consider themselves lonely.
- 25% of americans have no one they can talk to
- 50% of american have no one they can confide in outside of their family
- Most people only have 2 people in the whole world they can confide in.
Loneliness is deadlier than obesity and as deadly as smoking.
We all also know that loneliness leads to isolation, negative thoughts, heightened perceived stress, impaired sleep as well as many other ailments. Fact it, nobody wants to feel lonely. But it’s hard to determine how to reverse it.
1. If you’re lonely, you’re not alone.
2. If you’re lonely admitting it doesn’t make you weak.
I’d encourage you to take the first step in reaching out to a lonely person today. Even if you are one. Connect with an old friend. Reach out to a new one.
Connecting for the first time or the first time in a long time can feel like a significant amount of effort with little payoff. But we have a deep need to be in relationships with one another. In the long run it will be worth it.
- join a social club or team
- make office chit chat a regular part of your work schedule
- find a church/faith community to be part of
Most people have a love:hate relationship with exercise. You might be one of them. By love:hate I mean people love some things but most people hate exercise. That’s too bad.Continue Reading...
One final thought before you leave (this post and/or your job.) I have found that our problem areas, the areas that cause us dissatisfaction do not change when our scenery does. But their names do. The secret to satisfaction is learning how to approach and process our challenges rather than try to leave them. Don’t get me wrong- sometimes it’s time to go. Just don’t go too soon. There’s work to be done.Continue Reading...